Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Keeping our fingers crossed....

Today is the last day the buyers can back out of the contract.  Please say a quick prayer that we can make it to midnight!
The apartment we are moving into, doesn't have much storage.  In the kitchen there is only ONE drawer.  Yes, I said it...ONE! So mom thought it would be a good idea to find something that we could put in the kitchen that has some shelves and maybe another drawer or two.  So I began my search on Craigs List and found this little gem.  And the best part the lady that is selling lives in Henderson.  I talked her down a few more dollars and she's meeting me today in Tatum with the wooden island.  I am going to paint the stools a different color, but the island itself is wonderful.  The kitchen is too small to put our kitchen table in there, so this will be perfect for when Taydem or either one of us want to sit down and eat a quick something.  When we move into our new home, I think it will work outside on the back porch.

I am in love with this picture of Trever and Taydem.  This sums up their relationship so well.  They adore each other and he's just the sweetest big brother. 
I told myself that I wouldn't do Tenlee wrong and not keep a baby book updated for her.  So many times, the second or third child doesn't get everything the first child does.  So I went ahead and ordered her a baby book online and it came in the mail yesterday (along with 3 other boxes! Leven thinks I'm crazy!). I hope I can keep it up for her like I did with Taydem's baby book.
I had also ordered some more bows for Taydem.  Bows are a lot like socks....they somehow disappear! I found a lady on ebay that made 8 bows for only $12.00.  Now that's a good deal. You just have to decide on which colors you want. 
Another box contained clothes from my cousin's little girl.  They have been giving Taydem her "out grown" clothes for like 5 years! Super sweet and to even mail them to us!
 
Speaking of clothes....
I spent about 3 hours in Taydem's room last night going through toys, clothes and JUNK! Taydem and I separated toys that would go to storage and toys that would go to the apartment and toys that would go into the trash! Then we started on her clothes.  Since we got some new clothes from Addisyn, we got rid of all the clothes that were too small for Tay to wear.  I separated all those and put some away for the apartment.  We also ended up with 2 trashbags full of trash.  Taydem is just like her daddy and doesn't want to get rid of anything! OMG!!
By the time I was finished, my back was killing me.  I felt like an old old lady. 
 
Happy Wednesday!
DB

No comments: