Thursday, January 16, 2014

It's out there

Here's a picture of me at 19 weeks and a picture of me at 29 weeks.  Huge difference.  I didn't realize until after I looked at the picture long enough, but check out my leggings in both pictures.  They are pretty stretched out in that second picture.  The belly isn't the only thing growing! I look at the first picture and think that I'm pretty small.  Geez! I'm actually starting to get pretty miserable.  Leven noticed the other night that my calves are starting to swell.  I didn't believe him until I took my sock off the following night and they had made an indention in my skin.  Yikes! I think it has a lot to do with me sitting behind a desk all day.  I need to start taking a few minutes out of the day and walk around the office or somethig.  I hope I can make it this weekend in a gym ALL day! I can already tell that my back will probably start killing me towards the end. 
 
Tenlee's kicks are more in my stomach now.  So hopefully she has turned heads down now.  I just started noticing this yesterday. 
 
Last night our scrimmage went way better than I had expected.  I was so proud and pumped for these girls.  We beat an older elite team in 3 games.  We still have quite a lot to work on, but being that was our first time to even really go over the rotation, I was excited. 
 I can't wait for Saturday. 
 
We are so thankful to have such wonderful friends in our lives.  Our good friends from White Oak have a daughter that is also playing in San Antonio this weekend.  He is a pilot and owns several planes and they fly everywhere when they travel.  So they asked if we wanted to fly with them to San Antonio.  You talk about one happy pregnant woman! I wasn't looking forward to driving 5-6 hours in a car.  This makes the trip oh so much better.  Get down there faster and home faster! My parents are watching Taydem for us for this tournament, but she will make the rest.  She is just as excited about getting to stay TWO nights with them!!
 
I can't remember if I posted this or not.  But my niece Austyn, had surgery yesterday to get a mysterious blue "something" out of her ear that she put down in it.  She went in for her 4 year old check up last week and the doctor noticed something blue in her ear.  She tried to get it out but Austyn screamed every time.  Molly took her to the ENT on Monday and Austyn screamed again.  So they had to schedule surgery.  Aidan told Molly and Dustin that he has seen Austyn put play doh in her ear before (thanks for telling the parents!!). So after learning of this, Austyn had told her other grandmother that she was pretending to put her hearing aids in her ears (aka, the blue play doh). I know it's not funny to them, but I thought it was so sweet that Austyn wanted to have hearing aids like Taydem.  She loves her TayTay! Surgery went fine and they recovered the mystery blue that was deep down in her ear.....play doh!
 
Happy Thursday! Make today a good one!
DB

No comments: