Monday, February 3, 2014

Showered with LOVE

This weekend came and went like all the rest here lately.  But this weekend was a good un'!

Saturday morning Leven loaded up another load and took it to storage.  Mom and Dad stopped by the house after my nephew's basketball game and helped us finish a few more things on the inspectors list to get fixed.  Then Mom, Taydem and I headed over to my parents house to begin a day filled with painting.  Danin and Brittyn met us there and Danin helped us with all the painting.  It took us like 5 hours to paint just a few things.  The weather wasn't in our favor so the paint was having a harder time to dry.  But we did finish the shelf thingy for the apartment kitchen, the three stools for the kitchen and we started the rocking chair.  Now the rocking chair was the one thing giving us a hard time.  There were too many wood parts to be painted and such a tight space around them all.  I painted the ottaman while Mom and Danin painted the chair. It will def need another coat of paint.  We didn't even start on the baby crib yet.  Mom said she was going to try and start on it sometime this week.  Speaking of my MOM----today is her burfday! The big 6-1!!! So happy birthday to her.
And on her birthday she told me she was going to finish the rocking chair and touch up anything else! The bestest Momma out there. Love you Momma!
 
Here are a few before and after photos of our hard work!!
 

We thought the kitchen could use a little color! I didn't get an "after picture" of the stools, but they are the same colors as the shelfy thingy. But I did get a picture of Danin working hard!


 I want to wait until the rocking chair is completely finished before I show you the before and after photos of it. 
 
Leven and I have decided that we want to try and get everything moved out by this Sunday.  So we better get our workin britches on for this week!
Because here we go!
 
Yesterday our baby shower was the best.  Even with all the rain, we had a wonderful turnout and was showered with all kinds of goodies.  Tenlee and Baylee are pretty much ready now! Well Baylee more than Tenlee, but we are getting there.  I haven't even gone through all the good stuff yet.  After the shower we took everything to the apartment and just dropped it off.  We had a Super Bowl Party to go to and Leven was ready (oh and BTW-the Super Bowl was boring this year!). So this weekend I plan on going through everything and trying to get this apartment organized.  Here are a few photos from the shower. 
 I love my sister in laws and friends dearly.
 





 
Have a Happy Monday and wonderful week!
DB

No comments: