Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Eat 'em UP!

We had lots of rain and ice here in East Texas last night.  I never realized how many bridges I cross going to and from work until this morning.  After today, please Lord bring us the sunshine.  It's so gloomy around here and it puts everyone in a weird mood.  I'm ready to see green trees and green grass! 

Pistachios are by far my favorite kind of nut.  I also love just plain ole salted peanuts as well, but these babies right here make me smile! The bad thing about being pregnant is you don't think twice about buying something.  When I see something that sounds good, I grab it off the shelf and keep on moving.  If I weren't pregnant, I would literally just stand there debating whether or not I REALLY need it.  Sometimes I will even go the distance to putting it in my basket and then return it! I drive myself crazy sometimes while shopping.  And this goes for clothes AND food. 
Every year the Girl Scout Cookies kill me.  And yes, you see 8 boxes in this picture.  I don't eat them all at once before you start freaking out with your jaw dropping.  I put them in my freezer and eat them throughout the year.  Plus it's for a good cause, right?
Buddy didn't last long at my cousin's house.  I'm glad she gave it a try though.  Her cat and little dog scared Buddy to death.  She said he stayed hidden behind the couch and at night he would sit in the window and cry and cry and cry.  I know who he was crying for....LEVEN! I'm sure it's that same awful cry he does as soon as Leven walks out of the house.  My cousin said it drove her crazy.  I don't blame her. 
 
So a lady that works for my parents offerened to keep him.  She has NO pets and it's just her and her two little girls.  She said that he sniffed around their house for a little while and then seemed ok.  He was sniffing for other animals. ha! She sent me this picture this morning and said that Buddy was making himself right at home.  I'm so happy to hear this.  I don't care much for this cat, but Taydem and Leven LOVE him!
 
We've raised him since he was a baby and all he knows is us.
Big ole fat black cat!!!
 
~DB~

No comments: