Monday, February 10, 2014

Saying goodbye

Well, we did it.  We finally moved to Tatum.
These past few days have been exhausting to say the least.
  But, we did it.
 And it does feel good. 
 
We slept last night, our first night, in the apartment.  And it was a really awesome, deep sleep.  Our bodies were so worn out from all the packing, unpacking, moving, driving, loading, unloading, etc.  I'm sure my parents slept like a champ last night too.  They were the biggest help this weekend, especially my Mom.  Thank the Lord for her! She's a worker and a lover and will do anything for us kiddos! I also want to thank my preggo sister and her hubby and both my brothers.  They also did some help with our move and made everything a little less stressful.  We still have boxes to be unpacked, but I'm seriously going to just take my time.  We are in the apartment and right now that's all that matters. 
Taydem LOVES the new place and tells us she likes it better than our old house.  I bought her new bedding and her room is bigger.  My mom is still painting the baby crib and finishing up the rocking chair.  Once she's finished, we will put them in the room with Taydem.  This morning Directv hooked up our TV's-YIPPEE! And I got to take Taydem to school for the second time this YEAR!
Last night I missed having my big bathtub, but the shower felt wonderful.  The drive to Kilgore from Tatum wasn't bad at all.  I tried to time it so I would know exactly when we needed to leave every morning and it took me 23 minutes.  I know Leven had a smile on his face the whole way to Carthage (the big 12 minute drive)! Things are falling in place for us Barker's and now we just wait to sign all the paperwork at the closing. 
After that, we WAIT for the arrival of Tenlee Rose. 
 
 Check out this leg and foot! That pedicure was amazing that day.  But OMG....
(I will say that's kind of a bad angle, hehe)
 
 
This was a picture of me laying down on the couch taking about break #4 from last Friday night.  It's the little things that drive you crazy when you move.  This was stuff all needing to be loaded up in my car to take to the apartment.
 
 
We had put our name in the cement the day it was poured back in 2009.  I figured it was only fitting to take a picture of it when we left.  These past 5 years in Pine Tree really were good to us.  We met some great people and have tons of memories to leave with. 
 Leven added quite a few more W's to his resume and more girls signing scholarships to play at the next level.  Trever made lasting friendships, played in some memorable games and Pine Tree prepared him for college!  And best of all we had the best neighbors in the world...we will sure miss the Duke's and ole' Greg!
 
 
But now it's time to write the next chapter in our lives.............. 
 
DB

No comments: