Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Balls and Bows

Happy Hump Day!
Monday night we all headed over to Mom and Dad's for some good cooking and visiting with the family.  Then all of us adults left and our kids stayed.  Well all the grandkids except the two younger ones.  So my mom and dad had 6 of them spend the night! Whew! Mom made up some hide and seek game for them that night.  Taydem was telling me all about it.  Blessed to have our Nana and Papa!
 
Leven spent ALL day at the boats yesterday with some coaching buddies from Pine Tree.  Of course he had a blast and even came home a winner (unless he decides to go play this morning and loses it all!). When either one of us are gone for the night, we let Taydem sleep in the bed with us.  This is the only time we allow her to sleep in our bed.  From the start, my parents told us never let our kids begin sleeping in the bed with us.  It's a bad habit to break them of and the "master" bedroom is for the husband and wife.  So none of us 4 kids have every allowed our kids to sleep with us.  Yes, there are certain occasions, but the kids beds are for them.  This could be one reason why all of our marriages are strong.  A man and his wife must have alone time and intimacy. 
This is my one good advice for the week! TAKE IT!! 
So with all that being said, check out Taydem last night. 
 Is she cuddled up or what? Sweet baby girl!
 
 
 Yesterday was Taydem's first Tee Ball practice.  I was actually a little nervous.  I wasn't sure how she was going to do out there.  She hasn't really shown any interest in sports so far.  But of course, she was a natural.  She got out there and did whatever they asked her to do and she did well with ground balls.  Once she figured it out, she actually started moving her feet to get in front of the ball.  She loved it! When it was over, she ran over to me and asked if I was proud of her.  Love her to pieces! But she told me her favorite part of Tee Ball are the cleats....go figure!


 
And while Taydem was running around chasing balls, I was checking out my feet and kankles.  They have actually been pretty good these past couple of weeks, then yesterday...dang I'm not sure what happened.  Those babies were killing me all last night.  And my right foot was way bigger than my left.  Feel sorry for me....please :)  
 
I am NOT a crafty person at all.  But I needed some kind of bow/headband hanger for Tenlee.  I didn't want to keep throwing them in a drawer.  So I got on Pinterest and found the easiest project to do.  Just call me Martha Stewart.  I did this in about 2 hours.  I thought it turned out pretty good and it's doing what I wanted.  SCORE!
 
 
Tomorrow morning is the big deal! Sono and check up with the doctor.  I will post what I find out tomorrow. Have a great hump day!
 
~DB~

No comments: