Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My Main Men

Father's Day was this past Sunday. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful Daddy.  Everyone says this right? But I really mean it when I SAY IT!
 
I grew up in a loving home where my Daddy did these things:
 
*brought us up in a christian home and was taught from day 1
 that God was always #1 on our priority list. he drove us to church every sunday and most wednesdays. we ate together and prayed together. people probably wonder why and how we are so close as a family today....this is why. My Daddy.
 *loved my Momma from sun up to sun down (and still does!) 
* worked his butt off to provide for his 4 children...from sun up to sun down
*he adores his mother and adored his father
*and you should see him with his grandchildren. they love their papa.
 
I am blessed to have a Daddy like him!
 
Check us out! We've changed a little...ha
 And here is a collage of pictures of my "baby daddy!" We have a 19 year old, 6 year old and 2 month old.  We like them all spread out! Crazy crazy. I guess they will keep us young forever.  Now we just need Trever to stay away from babies for awhile. 
 I love my kiddos and I love my Leven!


June 17th is today and that means mine and Leven's anniversary.  8 years today! I know what you are thinking....me too! Who would have ever thought we would have made it this long.  Leven reminds me of this every month.  This morning he thought it was 7 years.  He kept saying 8 years was just too long.  He said he has never even known a woman for 8 years!  Leven is something else. He continues to make me laugh every day. He is something special. It's funny because when we run into people from Leven's past I hear either two things:
1) God help you-It takes a special woman to have lasted this long with Leven Barker
-OR-
2) Thank you so much-Leven needed someone like you to settle him down
Geez Louise Leven!!!!! 
 
But seriously.  I say it over and over.  God knows what he is doing.  And he knew what he was doing that day in late July 2005 as I nervously awaited for somebody to come interview me for that job in Mexia Texas! Little did I know it was going to be some cocky, single dad, volleyball coach with a hidden kind heart, that would interview me. So much can happen in 8 years.  That little boy in the top two photos will start his 2nd year of college at Texas Tech in the fall. Two beautiful daughters, 6 jobs, 6 homes, lots of sports, did I say sports? lots of sports, specifically volleyball, many miles and a few pounds later, we are still trucking along! Happy Anniversary LB!

No comments: