Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 5- My favorites recipes

Funny that this is one of the challenges. I have been working on a family recipe book since September. I have asked all the women in my family to give me their most favorite recipes to include in this recipe book. I hope to have it finished just in time for Christmas. I am always calling my mother asking how to make certain things. So now I will have all of these delicious recipes at my fingertips! So here is my family's fav:

Chicken and Rice (so easy, but oh so good)

Chicken breast/tenderloins (boneless and skinned)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
Shredded cheese
Velveeta cheese
Rice

Cook your chicken (bake, fry, boil). Once cooked, set aside to cool. Boil rice until fluffy! Add soups to rice and stir together. Tear the chicken up into bite sizes and add to rice and soups. Pour mixture in a 9x13 dish. Cut up pieces of Velveeta and push down into rice mixture. You don't want to use the whole thing of Velveeta. Add shredded cheese on top and cook in oven on 350 degrees for about 20 mins!

No comments: