Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 3- My First Love

Tyson Strong was my first love. I was in love with him it seemed like forever. Or I guess I just had a major crush on him. We FINALLY started going out when I was a sophomore and he a junior. I think I made him jealous enough that he couldn't take it any longer!! He was and still is good friends with my older brothers so it just always seemed right with us. I adored his family (and still do) and my family adored him. We were the typical "small town" high school sweethearts. EVERYONE thought we would marry one day!! Prom, football games, concerts, dates, baskeball games, holidays, vacations...we did everything together. And of course with good times we had bad times as well. We were young and stupid as they say and broke up with each other over and over. He followed me through college and eventually our love came to a stop with him being unfaithful numerous times. Again, we were young. I can look back now and say that. I still think about him often simply because I care about him and want him to find happiness. He has never married and seems to just go through the motions of the day. Anyone that knows him, knows he is hard headed!!  We still see each other every now and then at weddings or out at the lake every summer. I always think, "What if?" But I now know that God had a plan for me and it wasn't with Tyson.
Tyson (left) and his brother Trevor. I stole it from Trevor's wife's facbook page!

No comments: