Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 1- Introduce Myself

This picture is pretty recent. It was taken at my sister's wedding back in August!

I was born Devin Elizabeth Anthony on October 9th, 1980 to two of the best role models in this world, Clark and Vicki Anthony. I have 2 older brothers, Dustin and Darin, who are both married to wonderful ladies, Molly and Chrissy. I have 4 nephews and 1 niece. I also have the bestest sister in the world who is married to her love bug, Eric...did I mention she's also my best friend? We were raised in a loving christian home and we were taught that God and family always comes first. If you don't have these two, you have nothing. I have always loved to sing and sang my first solo when I was 8 at our church. I still continue to sing and I just recently recorded a solo on our church Christmas album! (I get the cd tonight) I started playing sports competively when I was in 3rd grade---Little Dribblers! I fell in love with basketball. I began playing volleyball in 7th grade and realized later on it was more of a passion. I went to Tatum schools from K-12 grade. Not very many people can say this. I had the most amazing years as a child and up until I gradated in 1999! My friends are still close today and our kids are now playing together. I went on to play volleyball and sing in my college choir at a small junior college close to home. From there I moved to Huntsville and graduated from Sam Houston State in 2003. I got my BBA in Business Administration and then got certified to be a high school teacher. My first job interview was at Mexia High School, summer of 2005. At the time I never knew that one interview would change my life forever. The man that interviewed me was Leven Barker. He was the girls athletic director at Mexia and was quiet a few years older than me and was a single dad. Leven became my husband 8 months later and....yup....I got the job!! We got pregnant 5 months after we said "I do" and I gave birth to the most precious gift EVER- Taydem Elizabeth Barker on August 22, 2007. We lived in Mexia until Taydem was 11 months old and then Leven got the perfect job (in my eyes at least, ha!). He was hired to be the head volleyball coach at Pine Tree High School! So we packed up our things and headed BACK to East Texas-my home. It took a long, long....long time, but Leven will finally admit he is happy here. Trever is now 16 and is a very good looking young man. Smart, charming, athletic and kind hearted. Taydem is now 3 and is beautiful, inside and out! She has the best personality, loving, sweet and of course kind hearted like her "Bubba." Leven and I have been married for 4 1/2 years. Wow. Leven would say he would've never guessed it. Marriage is not easy and we continue to work on it every day. I love him more and more as we grow closer together and as the days pass. We surround ourselves with family and friends and that always makes life easier. Now if only we can have ONE MORE CHILD!

15 facts about Devin

1. I bite my nails.....every day!
2. I love candy
3. Just got an iphone and yes, I'm addicted
4. I love changing my hair-color, cut, etc.
5. I love love love reality TV
6. I have had 5 seizures in my life
7. I sucked my thumb until 3rd grade
8. I was homecoming queen
9. I am soooooo not a girlie-girl. Let's see... I may shave my legs once a week! ha
10. I coach club volleyball
11. I have seen 3 engagement rings
12. I love the dentist
13. Favorite snack is chips and salsa
14. I have worn contacts since I was 15
15. Got lost at a christmas parade when I was 7! I thought my parents left me so I left my group and started walking down the streets looking for them---ALONE! Thank the Lord above some friends of my parents saw me and picked me up.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Fun! I'm glad you're doing this :)

Amanda LaVergne said...

I LOVE this! What a great idea!