Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Our big girl....

....hasn't been feeling good these past few days.  Sunday morning she woke us up around 7:00 am telling us she felt like throwing up and she couldn't breathe very well and that her chest was hurting.  Her nose was pretty stopped up from allergies so I just assumed this is why she couldn't breathe well.  The nausea went away and I gave her a breathing treatment hoping this would help clear her chest up.  She said she felt a little better and she laid around until it was time for the next breathing treatment. After this treatment, she went back to sleep for a couple of hours.  When she woke up she said it felt like someone hit her in the chest and her heart rate was really getting it! This is what worried me the most.  She wasn't acting herself, she was pale and had no energy.  She ended up going to sleep that night feeling ok.  She woke us up at 1:30 am crying and telling us she felt like throwing up again.  She never did and ended up sleeping on our bathroom floor next to the toilet.  The next day I couldn't wait to be able to call her doctor and set up an appointment.  Of course, I couldn't ever get them to answer the phone or call me back so I just went ahead and drove into Longview hoping they would call me on the way.  They never did so I took her to this new ER place (I don't even want to see my bill!).  But I was still worried about her fast heart rate and chest hurting her. 

After every test they could possibly take, including having to poke her twice for blood work (episode! She did better than any other 8 year old I promise, but it still hurt her!), her blood work comes back showing that her hemoglobin count and her red and white blood cell counts were all low.  So the doctor there says she looks to be anemic.  Which I have heard of people being anemic but I didn't think it was this extreme.  He called her regular doctor and he scheduled us to come back on Wednesday morning for more blood work (poor Tay!).  The labs at the Diagnositc Clinic are better and will help us pinpoint exactly what is going on and why her counts are so low.  Pray that everything is ok and that all she will need are some iron suppliments. 

They also said she was dehydrated yesterday and gave her two bags of fluid.  Which sounds crazy to me because Taydem drinks and eats well.  They said this is why she was feeling nausea.  Makes sense.

She went back to school this morning, but by 1:00 she was back in the nurse's office crying of chest pains and wanting to lie down.  Leven went and picked her up at 2:00.  Hoping for some answers in the morning.




Trever had his first interview today at lunch with a company that might use him as an intern this summer.  He said it went well and now he will need to interview with the head guy.  He also sent me this picture yesterday.
He said the average on the test was a 30.  He made a 45 and so the professor gave them all a 40 point curve! Good gosh.  I can't even imagine taking a test like this! Go Trever

Saturday night we headed to Shreveport to eat.  It's always a good time to get away for the night.  Our cousin Whitney came with us! Had a good time.

No comments: