Wednesday, May 22, 2013

News Part 2

I told you a couple of weeks ago that we were selling our home in Pine Tree. 

News Part 2- Leven took a new job in Carthage.  It's always a difficult decision when it's time to change jobs.  Leaving my job a year and a half ago to come work at the job now, was one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make.  You just have to pray about it and trust that God is looking after you.  

So this decision wasn't easy for Leven.  One of the things I love about Leven is how good of a coach he really is.  And not just knowing the sport and all the basic skills that go along with it.  He's a good coach because of the relationship he makes with his girls.  He cares.  He simply cares.  He wants to see them leave high school and become successful young women.  And if he can help get them a scholarship to play at the next level, that's an even bigger plus!

When we left Mexia 5 years ago I really thought we were going to end in a divorce.  Yes, it was that bad.  He hated leaving his comfort zone and hated leaving a great team behind.  And I really think he was nervous about coming to Pine Tree knowing all the volleyball success this school has had in the past.  He does not fail and I think he was a little worried he would at Pine Tree.  But I knew all along that he would work his butt off and do great things at Pine Tree.  And I feel that he has.  The support of the parents here is incredible.  The girls work HARD and have always done everything he has asked. They love him (love hate at times!!) and he loves them.  It's just a special bond he creates and I love watching it.  He has this way of making you feel like you can be anybody and do anything! He believes in his team, always.  And it's hard to leave a program that you built, knowing how awesome they will be once you leave.  He can always say that he had a huge part in it all, but it's still hard.  So for him having to sit the girls down yesterday, was not easy.  From the first year I saw Leven coach to where he is now, let's just say he is WAY more emotional.  I think it's his age ☻. 

After praying for a really long time and weighing in all his options, he knew it was time.  Time to leave.  Leven (and myself) have really been disappointed in the decisions Pine Tree has made and it's hard to go to work everyday.  Being unhappy sets in.  You spend more time at your job everyday then with your family.  Being happy at your job is a MUST! And to be honest, we knew that after Trever graduated we wanted out.  I want Taydem in a school district that's smaller and more supportive of everything!

"Treat others as you would want to be treated" - pretty simple

So our summer will be BUSY! Trever graduates next Friday night and will spend his summer working with his Mom.  He is taking his senior trip with his friends to Panama City Beach, Florida.  Oh the fun they will have!

We will continue to pray for a buyer on our house.  Once the house is sold and papers signed, we will have house plans drawn, lot bought, and begin a new adventure in our lives.  I'm more than excited to be living in Tatum.  My neighbors will be the best neighbors we could ever have- my brothers/wives and my sister/hubby and ALL my nephews and nieces! What memories will be made in that BIG circle.  The Anthony kids will be everywhere.

Thanks to Carthage ISD and everyone (you know who you are) for throwing out the "red" carpet for my husband.  I keep telling him-this is your time.  Go get it! Started as a Bulldog, then went to a Blackcat, then a Pirate and now back to a Bulldog! And of course those Eagles are always in there somewhere!!         

No comments: