Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Another Sweet Letter

Here's another letter from one of Leven's players:

Coach Barker "Daddy B",

Where do I begin? I have so much to thank you for and I have no clue where to even begin.  Let's start with thank you for even entrusting me to be on your team even though you and I both know that volleyball was never my number one sport.  Thank you for even agreeing to even put me back on the team after I quit my sophomore year.  You have created an amazing program at Pine Tree and I want to thank you again for allowing me to be apart of that team.

You taught me so many things that will help me in the future both on the court and off the court.  You encourged me to be a good team player even in games that I never even saw the court and in games I did see the court to bust my butt and take advantage of every opportunity I was given.  Wearing that Pine Tree volleyball jersey was the best two years of my high school career.  Thank you for handing it to me.  You and I both know that I wasn't the best of the team, but you allowed me to play on an amazing team. 

You truly are an amazing coach and an amazing role model to every player that wears volleyball shoes and steps foot on your court.  Thank you for every memory I was allowed to create and every win.  You have completely changed my entire mentality in sports.  I am going to miss you.  I will remember everything you taught me when I'm playing volleyball intramurals. 

P.S. NO ONE will ever replace me as the one to talk and keep you awake on night bus rides home!!

Love always,
B.H.

No comments: