Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Little color

Next week I'm getting my hair done! Isn't that one of the best things in the world? I love to change it up and try something new. So this is what I'm after:






I am not a big fan of the "ombré" style, at least not on me. But I want it dark with just a little bit of light highlights. I will post a before and after picture sometime in the near future. 

Taydem is having her end of the year party today and tomorrow morning she will have her graduation ceremony from Kindergarten, from Pine Tree. 

I've been busy this week trying to get stuff together for Trever's graduation party on Friday.  So thankful for Trever's mom and my mom for helping put it all together.  And a huge thank you to Leven's step mother, Gwen for volunteering to make the lasagna and my brother and SIL for providing tea from Jucy's Hamburgers!!

I will end today with another sweet letter to Leven from another sweet player:

Hey Coach. I wanted to let you know that I'm proud of you.  I'm proud that you made this difficult choice to move forward in your career, and your family.  I'm sure it was tough to make this choice that affected so many people.  It's tough right now, but it will get better.  Someday you will come back and see how much we have grown and how successful we have been, and you will be able to say to yourself, "Wow, I started this winning tradition.  I coached these girls!"  And you will be proud. Don't get me wrong, I am going to miss you tremendously.  You make me strive to be the best I can be, and reach my full potential.  Every day I wake up and look forward to volleyball practice with big hopes that I may get a positive comment from you about a dig, spike or my improvement.  I continually find myself seeking for your approval, and it means so much to me.  You are the reason I keep coming back, injury after injury.  That one time my knee gave out during club practice, and you made me get back on the court and play, I thought you were crazy.  But I pushed through.  At the time I thought you were just being mean, but looking back I realize that you did it for me.  And that's why I am where I am today.  You taught me to be tough and stick it out, no matter what the pain feels.  Playing for you, my pain tolerance has gone from a two to a ten.  Even though you are leaving, your legacy will remain at Pine Tree forever.  I truly believe that God placed you in my life for a reason.  Thank you for being there.  Every tear I shed, I just keep telling myself that this isn't the end between you and me.  You will be seeing me soon, and there is no way you can get out of that :) Please know that I am praying for you and your precious family.  God bless you.
-A.A.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: