Friday, May 24, 2013

Coach Barker

Since coming out with the news this past Tuesday, a lot of Leven's girls have been sending him text messages and leaving him notes in his office.  I asked him if I could post a few on my blog so ya'll could get an idea (if you haven't already) of the kind of coach he is and the way his girls feel about him. 

Dear Coach Leven Barker,

The last four years of my volleyball career have been eventful.  My first year, I must admit I was scared of you, but after that season I realized you were just a big softy.  You have hands down been the best coach I have ever had.  The respect I have for you is only rivaled by my family.  Even though your coaching methods are unconventional, they always work.  Every player leaves your gym floor learning something from speed and agility to team work and leadership.  You have a way of pushing us to our breaking point to prove that we can get through anything.  Volleyball these past years has been some of the best memories ever....Crunk sessions, your break dancing, shattered clip boards and your love for our version of the corny bus driver song.  Even our troubling times have made and impact on my life....facing Spring Hill without you, getting in trouble in Forney, and even running those horrible 92 sprints. You made sure that we played each game whole hearted.  Life lessons that we will never forget.  Thank you Coach B for just being there for us and for me personally.
Love you,
M.B

Fun weekend headed our way! Have a great one.....

No comments: