Friday, September 10, 2010

Stay between the lines

I'm sitting here thinking about my title of this blog post and it makes me smile! Right now this title fits perfect in the lives of Taydem and Trever.

I pick Tay up from preschool yesterday and her teacher tells me that Taydem will start having homework 2 nights a week. What? Really? Ok. I think that's a pretty good idea. But, again, she's 3! It will give us more time to work/play together after work and of course make her ever brighter than she already is. So the first worksheet she had to trace the shape and then color it in with the given color. The whole time I'm saying to her, "Stay between the lines."

Trever turns 16 in November, but he can't get his driver's license until January. So right now our job is to teach him how to drive. And we are constantly saying, "Stay between the lines!" Do you remember when you first started driving? You were so afraid that when passing another car your mirrors would hit. Or, from some odd reason staying closer to the ditch just seemed like a better idea. He still has a long ways to go. We will get there though. Just Lord, give Leven and I the patience!

No comments: