Friday, September 3, 2010

Let the games begin

This morning I arrived at work with about 50 cookies staring at me from a little bakery in San Antonio called Mi Terria! Of course I had never heard of this place before, but my whole office said they were famous down in San An and after eating a sugar cookie I agree! Yummy!

Today Leven's volleyball team is 18-8 (the best record since being here) and he's still not happy. This team is loaded with athletes, but he thinks they are still not there! He has one girl that's 6'2", one is 6'0" and two girls that are around 5'10" and can JUMP out of the gym! But he wants more out of them. They play Henderson today at 4:30.

After the volleyball game we are headed to watch Tatum play Gilmer. Gilmer has won 2 state championships in the past few years and so has Tatum! It should be a really good game. Tatum has moved back down to 2A while Gilmer is still 3A!

Now let's trot down memory lane for a second: My oldest, more reserve, brother Dustin, had to give a Pep-Rally speech back when he was in high school when we were playing the Gilmer Buckeyes(you know like all football players do). And by the way, a "Buckeye" is a nut. He was so nervous back then to talk in front of people (and still is) and he couldn't make up his mind on what to say. (Let me remind you, he would practice his speech over and over all week, ha) So he finally takes the mic and says, "All I have to say, is let's go out there and BUST a NUT!" OMG.....I still can't believe to this day that he said this. The whole football team was rolling on the ground!!

No comments: