Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 7

On Day 7 I am  thankful for both my job and Leven's job.  I honestly enjoy working.  Even if I had all the money in the world, I would find something to do everyday by working or doing some kind of volunteer work.  I am very glad that I help provide for my family.  My new (not so new anymore) job has been a blessing and I continue to learn new stuff every day. Leven is finished with volleyball season for now and we look forward to another season of club volleyball.  Well at least I do.  I coach and Leven gets to tag along with me! 

Today is DAY 8: I am thank ful for my stepson, Trever.  Today is his 18th birthday. Can you believe it? I still remember him as this little stinky 11 year old.  Where has the time gone? Being a step mother is by far one of the hardest challenges I've had to face.   But after these 7 years of helping raise him, I can honestly say, he's made it easy on me (at times!!!) I couldn't have asked for a better son than him.  I've learned so much being a parent for him and it has helped me get prepared for Taydem one day.  I can only pray that Taydem is as easy as him. We are in the process of applying for colleges right now and it's just crazy, just crazy. He is super smart and is wanting to go into some kind of engineering.  So we will apply for Texas A&M and The University of Texas first.  If he doesn't get into either of these schools, he will work extra hard to play baseball somewhere.  Leven and I bought him a guitar for his birthday.  Leven gave it to him on Monday and he has practiced every night.  He loves it! And then tonight we are taking him to see Travis Tritt in concert! We are also taking Leven's mom for her birthday.  So her and Mike are driving up this afternoon....Taydem is beyond excited!



  

No comments: