Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 3

I'm thankful for my husband and best friend, Leven. We met just a little over 7 years ago and fell in love fast. We met and were married 8 months later.

Before we even started dating, I had a seizure in front of him while we were playing golf one day. Freaked him out! We didn't even know each other that well but he was practically all I had at the time. My family and friends were not in Mexia with me and I was there all alone. I will never forget that day. It scared him to death. He took me home (no hospital for me and I told him this) and I passed out. I slept for hours. Your body is so broken and worn out after having a seizure (something else I told him) so he stayed at my house all day making sure I was ok. At first I felt it was a little weird (again, I didn't know him that well and he was pretty much my boss) but after the fact, I thought it was really sweet and caring. Long story short.....the next 6 weeks I was told not to drive, anywhere....doctors orders. So, guess who volunteered to drive me around....yup, Leven. He took me to work every morning then brought me home. He took me to the bank, grocery store, etc. I would cook for him and Trever in return. I spent a lot of time with he and Trever during those 6 weeks and that's our love story. Didn't take long.

He makes me laugh and keeps a smile on my face. Marriage is not easy. Gosh, we've had some really low times as well. But I truly believe that God put Leven in my life at the right time and I was put in he and Trever's life at the right now. And this is why I'm thankful.




No comments: