Friday, January 21, 2011

Say what?

I took Taydem to get her ears tested yesterday morning. In the past few weeks she's got to where she says "huh", "what", or "What did you say Momma?" all the time. Usually after every thing we say to her. At first I just thought she figured out what those words meant and wanted to bug the crap out of me by saying them. But with her sensitive ear problems that she's had in the past I decided to get them checked out. The doctor did a few activities to get her engaged (she's still pretty young) so he could do the testing. The end result............She has mild hearing loss. tear...He said it looks like the tubes have fallen out and she has fluid back behind her ear drum and that's causing her not to hear well. Back in November I took her to the doctor bc she had a cold and the tubes were still in her ears. So sometime between that doctor visit and now they have fallen out. I really think it's been about 3 weeks ago bc that's when I started noticing the "huhs" and "whats". So I made an appointment with her ENT doctor so he could take a better look and let us know what we need to do to take care of this. We DON'T want this to be permanate.

Please keep her on your prayer list.

No comments: