Friday, January 14, 2011

"Monsters in my Room!"

I have talked about this before, but our child is a huge night owl. Yes I will admit, it has A LOT to do with Leven and I. Let me tell you our schedule right now:

Mondays---Our one night we get to sit down and eat supper together and watched our 
TV shows
Tuesdays---Trever's basketball games. If it's a home game, Tay and I will watch Trever and head on back home. If it's an away game we usually won't get home until after 9.
Wednesdays---This is "Pizza Night." I have church choir practice and Leven stays home with
 the kiddos, and buys pizza.
Thursdays---I have volleyball practice until 9:00.
Fridays---Trever's basketball game

So as you can see we are way busy and Taydem's schedule is our schedule. So if I put her in bed at 8, she stays in her room and plays until usually 10 that night (She usually comes out of her room at least 3 times and we have to put her back in bed). It's crazy I know. She tells us all the time, "But I not tired no more!"

So last night she comes in our room around 9:30 and tells Leven that she saw a monster in her room (I was hiding in the bathroom so I could listen to their conversation). How can you not laugh at this?? So of course Leven is eating it up and keeps asking her all these off the wall questions about this monster. She finally tells us that it was a Spider Man!! She was so serious too. Poor girl. So I finally took her to her room and turned on a couple of lights for her so she could go to sleep. She is staying the night with my sister tonight (who she loves!) and so all week that's how I've been getting her to go to sleep. Bribe!!!

I love this age

1 comment:

CMAK2 said...

i can totally picture leven quizzing her about the monster! so funny!