Thursday, June 2, 2016

Flooding

This past weekend was long, relaxing and FUN! Friday night we had an 80's theme birthday party for my good friend, Alicia.  Alicia and I were in the same KINDERGARTEN class! So we've been friends for like 30 years! Love her to pieces.  I think we did pretty good dressing up in, well...3 hours notice! Leven didn't wanna go so he stayed home with the girls. 
 


 Saturday we headed to the lake.  We ended that night at my boss's house.  Every year he has a pretty big crawfish party! And this year was super good! The crawfish were BIG and DELISH! And we had some live entertainment this year.  Check out Cole Allen..........he's really talented!
 
Sunday was spent eating lunch with my family at the lake house and then we ended that night at my brother's pool.  Tenlee loves the water.

 
Tuesday, Leven and I drove to Stephenville for his college baseball coach's funeral.  Leven enjoyed seeing some of his old buddies (some he hasn't seen in 20 years!).  I didn't think we would ever make it home though.  While in the funeral home, rain poured and poured.  By the time it was over, flooding had already taken place and roads were being closed.  We took my car because of the nice gas mileage, but wished we had his truck for our ride home.  We ended up re-routing 3 times before we finally found our way to Interstate 20.  We went an hour out of our way to get to the interstate.  And then it rained on us for 4.5 hours! I was a nervous wreck in my car.  This rain was hard!
 
And guess what....it's Thursday and it's still raining in most of the parts of Texas.  Flooding is horrible and several people have died because of it.  Crazy TEXAS weather!
 
Leven and I will be on the beach in 3 weeks!! Can. Not. Wait!

No comments: