Monday, August 5, 2013

Stupid CONE!!

This past weekend we headed to Mexia to visit Leven's parents.  On our way Friday evening we stopped in Palestine and picked up Trever on our way.  He has one more week left of work and then his last baseball tryout is this Saturday. Pray for him.

After getting Trever we headed on to Louie and Gwen's house.  We watched the Ranger's play, ate some ice cream and got a kick out of their dogs wanting Gwen's chicken! Check out the pic below.


Saturday morning we woke up to Gwen's cooking! We love her breakfast.  Taydem actually requested that we stay at their house because of Gwen's breakfast! After we ate, we loaded up and headed to Ann's house.  We wanted to help in her yard or do whatever she needed us to do.  Leven's brother was also there cutting down a few trees so we helped him as well.  When we got there we met Ann's new pets.  Raccoons! Taydem was a little scared at first, but it didn't take long for her to warm up to these little things.  They are pretty cute at this stage, but then they grow up!




After a long HOT day working in the yard, we finally got ready to head back to Longview.  Leven and I decided to buy Mike's camero.  Boy, is it pretty.  Patriot red and fast! Leven drove it to Palestine until it was time to drop Trever off, and then Taydem and I drove the rest of the way home.  Well......

As we were getting into Kilgore, we ran into a little construction.  So everyone was in one lane of traffic.  The truck in front of me ran over a dang cone and what do you know? That stupid cone was coming right at me.  I freaked not knowing if I should avoid the cone and run off into the ditch and possibly rolling the car or hit the stupid thing! So I chose to hit the cone.  I was so upset.  I wasn't sure if I caused any damage until we got home and saw the HUGE dent in the far left front of the finder.  I cried my poor eyes out.  Why me? I just knew I was going to upset Ann.  Leven was already mad at the situtation but I didn't know what else to do.  It happened so quickly and all I could think about was Taydem in the back seat of this tiny car! I was so mad at that truck in front of me.  If only he could've been paying attention! So after calming down and thanking God that Tay and I were actually home safe, we called Ann (Leven did) and let her know what had happened.  I'm glad she understood.  So now on to getting the car in the shop! Ugh. Just got the thing!  If it's not one thing it's another.  That's life. 


Leven started 2 a days this morning.  I talked to him earlier and he said 5 girls threw up and one girl already quit! I know that's not funny, but it kind of is.  I remember those days!

Happy Monday. Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I know exactly how you feel about that cone. When I got my new Mercedes last summer, I hit a giant piece of road debris that was tossed up onto my car from the truck in front of me while driving on 635. I have no idea what it was, but it was giant, black plastic, about the size of a bathtub. It ended up going under my truck, but not before it left a giant scrape on the front bumper. I had only had it for a week!!! :(