Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Party time

This past Sunday evening we headed to Mom's and Dad's to celebrate the summer birthdays.  Which include Chrissy, Leven and Taydem.  I decided this year that we wouldn't have a huge party for Taydem.  We just have so much going on.  So I got her a cake and we opened presents at my parents.  She loved every minute of it.  After eating cake and opening up presents, they all headed to the pool to swim.  After that we all gathered under the porch to watch the boys play in a home run derby.  They were using a wiffle ball and plastic bat, but my nephews can sure hit that ball.  After the boys went a few times, us adults all decided we wanted to hack at it.  My brothers, Leven, my sister in laws, my mom and then myself all got it up and took some swings.  I never played softball growing up but I played enough in the back yard that I knew I still had my swing.  And yes I do! I nailed my 5 year old nephew, Tucker, right in the mouth.  He wasn't even close, but he wasn't paying attention and I honestly didn't think I would hit any of them in the face! OMG. I felt horrible.  I even made his lip bleed.  He was not happy with me at all.  He wouldn't even look at me. So with all that being said, the home run derby came to an end! Here are a few pictures from the party:







No comments: