Monday, October 24, 2011

Yamboree

I have lived in East Texas for 31 one years and I have NEVER gone to the Gilmer Yamboree. It's a big Sweet Potato festival. Ok, I'm not going to knock Gilmer or anything...but let's just say I haven't missed much. Gilmer ISD let's out their kids for that whole week from school. OMG! I'm sure if I were from Gilmer it would be a bigger deal. My good friend Sam (hi Sam!) is from Gilmer and she usually comes home every year for the Yamboree. And my other friend Natalie was the Yam Queen back in the day! Of course there is much more that goes on, but we only caught some of Saturday. My dad and his band were singing at the convention center at the Gospel Festival on Saturday so we decided to head over to the carnival first. Mid October and I was sweating. I shouldn't have worn jeans. I'm not big on fairs anyways because I don't do rides. This chicka gets sick EASY! But Taydem loves them. We tried to let her ride all the kiddie rides. Dad won Taydem a huge giraffe by throwing a football through a hole. Go Dad! But another stuffed animal is just what Taydem needed...gah! We were there just long enough to get a peek at all the hype.


Check out dad in the background! ha

The minute we get home, the poor giraffe is already in time out. She said that he bit her bear!
 This makes me laugh just typing it!!

Now she's reading to bear and giraffe!! They look really into it! Especially Mr. Bear

Dad's band did a really good job! Gospel concert = tons of elderly folks! So dad's blue grass band was a huge hit. He even through in a couple of western songs for them. I actually enjoyed the concert myself. They sang for about 30 minutes but before they sang we got to watch 4 other bands. These pictures didn't turn out so well. I was too far away. But you get an idea.




No comments: