Monday, August 31, 2009

Someone jacked my purse

This morning on my way to drop off Taydem I noticed that I'm on "E!" So I pull into a gas station, park, turn off car and look for my purse. Where's my purse!! I couldn't find it anywhere. So I got all mad and headed back to the house thinking I left it there. I get back to the house and spend 30 minutes looking for that thing. I started freaking out b/c I never lose "big items." Yes, I will lose earrings, hair items, socks, etc. but not my purse-my life! So I call Leven and he walks back home (yes he can walk to work now!) to help me look for it. I kept telling him that it probably got stolen last night out of my car. He said "No way, they would've taken your IPOD as well!" True I thought so we kept looking. I finally gave up and headed back to the gas station (had to borrow Lev's card), to Taydem's daycare and on to work. I get to work and I'm not kidding I sit down and I have a phone call. It's a guy calling to check on one of my credit cards that was trying to be used several different times at different locations. I knew right away that it was stolen. Thief! I was so upset. I had to call and get all my credit/debit cards turned off, put a hold on my checks and Levens, get new insurance cards, new license, NEW SOCIAL Security cards for ME and TAY! I never have those in my purse, but I have needed them a lot this summer with the move and all. My whole life was in that purse. Including a new MAC lipgloss that I still can't believe I bought, powder, cute wallet, really cute notepad that I just got from a friend, and to top it all off it was my Coach purse that Leven bought me for my birthday last year! This day has not been a good one. I had to file a police report and the cop did the whole fingerprinting stuff all over my car! Maybe they will catch this THIEF! The bad thing is, they took it out of my car that was parked under our carport. Brave little sucker! This has been a huge lessoned learned for me: Never leave your belongings in your car~~ Even if it is at your back door.

No comments: