Thursday, August 27, 2009

Daycare gone down

I was so pleased when I got Taydem in a daycare here that she really enjoyed and one that I was pleased with. Recently the head lady "Mrs. Dena" decided to go back teaching in the public school system. So now she's been gone for about a month. I noticed a huge change in the daycare a week after she left. The new lady isn't as nice and friendly, the staff isn't put together (most daycare staff aren't!), they don't send me notes home anymore telling me what she learned for that day or if she's out of wipes/diapers, it doesn't seem as clean, and I feel like she isn't learning as much as before. I've also had 2 more moms contact me about this. So I know I'm not the only one now. I thought I would give it some time to let the new staff get everything together again, but it's still going down in the dumps! So what do I do?? Taydem loves it there and you know she doesn't notice the change, so I don't want to move her somewhere that's she's not familiar with. But than again, I want the best for her and I feel she's not getting anything good where she is now. I'm going to look at a few daycares today at lunch that are still close to our house. Maybe I will find one that knocks me off my feet!

No comments: