Thursday, February 25, 2016

Ouch!!

Gross pictures below-----BEWARE!
(and don't say I didn't worn you!)
 
 
Have you ever had an ingrown toenail? Or maybe have known someone who has?
Well, after reading this you will know someone. ME! 
 
The first really bad one I got, I was playing volleyball in college my sophomore year and it was a killer! I couldn't walk/run and def not play any volleyball.  I was determine to yank that sucker out....and I did! It healed up just fine but I have continued to get them on and off for uh...16 years.  I can usually tell when one is coming on and I immediately take care of it.  But let me tell you, last week I felt the pain start and this thing was NOT coming out! I had finally had enough and called my friend and neighbor, BreAnn, whom is also a Nurse Practitoner (go see her in Hallsville!) .  I set up the appointment this morning and let her do her thing! She texted me later and said I know that wasn't fun for you but it was fun for her! Now that's the kind of doctor you want working on you!
 
An ingrown toenail is a stupid kind of pain. Seriously....I have given birth to two baby's now but this scares me just as bad.  Something about getting a shot(s) in your big toe just doesn't seem right! Thank goodness Bre gave me LOTS OF SHOTS and my toe was nummmmmmmbbbbbbb.  I never felt a thing as she dug the corner of my toenail out and {BOOM} there it was! Good gosh...it was bigger than I had imagined.  There was NO WAY I was getting that out myself.  I'm so glad I went to her.  So as of now, my toe is wrapped up and the numbness is starting to go away.  Uh oh...I'm pretty sure my toe is going to be hurting the next few days. 
 
This is all gross, right?  Just slap gross!
 
Before you look at these pictures, excuse a couple of things:
 
1. My toenail polish looks BAD---don't judge!
2. The red bump on my toe is a blister of some sort (what else can go wrong?)
 
Be sure and zoom in on the picture with the blue gloves.  The bottom corner shows the nail that was killing me and my big toe.  Again, stupid pain!
 
Glad it's over with.....
(You all may think differently of me now, but life isn't always rainbows and butterflies.  Every now and then you have some crappy stuff like this!)  
 


 
Oh and BTW---I don't like feet. 
 


No comments: