Thursday, July 11, 2013

Smokey Mountain

We leave for Tennessee tomorrow afternoon.  My parents left this morning and my 3 siblings and their families will all leave out sometime tomorrow afternoon as well.  Leven and I are taking the northern route while all of them will drive the southern route.  Leven and I are going to spend some of Saturday in Nashville and then head on over to Knoxville and check out the University of Tennessee campus.  These past few months Leven and the volleyball coach have been in contact with each other over one of Leven's ex players.  So Leven is going to try and set up a time to meet this coach and get a tour of the gym.  I would love to run into Pat Summitt!! Wouldn't that be cool? Knoxville and Maryville are less than an hour away from each other so our final stop will be in Maryville with the rest of the clan.  My Meme and Papaw grew up in the hills of the Smokey Mountains in East Tennessee.  The last time I went up there was about 9 years ago for my cousins wedding.  So it's been awhile.  Leven has never been and of course, neither has Taydem.  While I am so excited for Leven to finally come up there with me, he's not as excited! I know him and I know what he likes.  He's going to love it up there.  If anything, it beats this 100 degree humidity down here in Texas. We will spend Sunday visiting with all my dad's cousins.  Monday we will head towards Gatlinberg and visit DollyWood one day, Cade's Cove (have a picnic) one day and then spend extra time site seeing around the city.  Leven made reservations for Orange Beach on Thursday and Friday.  So if the weather holds up, we will head south and let Taydem get wet and wild in the gulf. Oh and me too of course! Road trippin' here we come.  I am going to try and do my best and take tons of pictures of our entire time. Pray for our safety while traveling and pray to keep those bears away! 

Oh, we decided to list our house with a realtor! Pray that my SIL Chrissy can get our house sold ASAP! Time to get things moving forward for us. I have idea after idea running throught my head on what I want this new house to look like.  I'm ready to get it down on paper.

No comments: