Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hit that

This past Saturday (and it was a COLD Saturday) the Pine Tree baseball team put on a home run derby fundraiser.  This was the first year doing this and I was really surprised at how many people came out.  Especially being how cold it was.  So you paid $10 for 10 swings and you could pay up to however many swings you wanted to take.  I was so proud of my dad! He's still got it.  He made contact with the ball every swing and even hit some bullets out in the outfield.  Not too bad for a 65 year old.  I think he wanted to prove to himself that he could still hit a baseball! And he did.  Leven also took a few swings and made contact every time.  He had some really hard shots, but I honestly think my Dad hit some further! ha Overall it was a great day.  My cousin Chase and two of his friends came out as well.  Chase did awesome! He actually hit about 5 to the outfield wall and he finally hit one over! So happy to see him swinging a bat again.  
 
 


Last Friday was Senior Night for Trever and his basketball team.  This is a picture of his coach and him.  Trever has really enjoyed having this coach these past few years.  It was a special moment for the two of them.  I'm glad I captured it.  Trever honored his mom, his dad and myself on Senior night.  He wrote us all the sweetest letter EVER! It brought tears to my eyes reading it and it's a letter I will always cherish. Graduation is getting here to quickly for all of us.  Oh, and they won this game! Trever played his little heart out.  I think he scored 12 points total. 

Happy Wednesday! Tomorrow is Valentine's Day.  Don't forget!

No comments: