Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Feed my Soul

Music has always been a huge part of my life, always.  I sang my first solo in 2nd grade along side my dad at a church production. I was scared to death. I can remember it like it was yesterday.  I did pretty good considering I was only 8, plus I was  pretty cute back then! After that solo I couldn't tell you how many times I have sang in front of people. During school I was in choir, Primary School through High School, and sang in every talent show/spring show there ever was. I also sang in my youth church choir.  My solo (that I sang ALL the time) was Oh Happy Day!  During my youth choir days I had the joy of singing in front of people in Hawaii, Seattle and Boston! Memories..... Then I was blessed enough to have the first two years of my college paid for with a choir scholarship.  I didn't really enjoy this as much and only did it my freshmen year, but still got my school paid for! 

I have sung in several weddings and recently sang at my first funeral. Weddings and funerals are by far the most nerve racking.  This is such a special day and messing up would not be a good thing.  I am now in the adult choir at Mobberly Baptist Church and I get to sing in front of people all the time.  I love every minute of it.  This past Sunday I sang a new song.  Hopefully it will be on YouTube soon.  Then I can share it with you all.  Click on the links below and you can see a couple videos with me singing.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9wErHmWmMs

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSeC-U8kdjo

So now that we are talking music, did you watch the Grammy Awards this past Sunday night? Of course I did! I actually loved every bit of the Grammy's this year.  I usually don't have a clue who half the people are that sing, but this year I did.  Except The Black Keys, I'm not really sure about this band.  Kelly Clarkson blew it out of the park! I love her and her voice.  She's always been my favorite American Idol. And the two songs she sang that night were AMAZING! I also love The Lumineers and their song, Ho Hey! One of the final songs of that night was a group of people singing a tribute song to the band, The Band, and one of their more famous songs,  The Weight. I have always liked this song, but never knew the story behind the song.  Pretty neat, check out the history:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Weight

It's a very rainy day here in East Texas.  My sister and I are counting down the days for our New York City trip.  My friend we are staying with has a blog of her own.  You NEED to start reading her blog.  She is super talented and I love reading about her life as an actress on broadway. 

http://www.amandalavergne.com/

No comments: