Friday, December 9, 2011

Small town

I graduated with a class of 87. Yes, I come from a small town. Tatum, Texas might have 1600 people in the town. When I was in school we were class 3A. In the past 10 years we have bounced back and forth from 3A to 2A. If you were raised in a small town, then you understand all the "small town" stuff. If you were raised in the suburbs, then you have no idea how exciting it really is to go to a Friday night football game!!! And a PLAYOFF Friday night football game is even better. The Tatum Eagles are playing tonight in the state semi finals against Hempstead. They are playing in Waco which works out perfectly for us since we were already coming to Mexia for the weekend. (Mexia and Waco are about 50 miles from each other ). Over the many years as a school, we have seen many playoff games from both the boys and girls side! AND, we have been successful and won state championships!

I can remember a few years ago Tatum was playing for a state title and so many fans were there supporting them. I was already out of college and actually teaching at Mexia at the time. I remember I actually cried when they won. I didn't know any of the kids playing, but it's just that feeling you get of PRIDE! I am so proud to be an Eagle and will always bleed green and gold (it's actually green and black now, but gold is what I will bleed!!) Let me share some pictures with you of our school:





Remember we are 2A!



No comments: