Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's always something...

Just when I thought Leven and I were doing pretty good financially, something always comes up. Last week we had to get 4 new tires put on the Yukon! Which I KNOW that's a must, but still. This week Taydem went back to the ENT doctor to see if the fluid behind her ears had gone away. And guess what? The fluid is still behind her ears and that's causing the poor child not to hear.

She had tubes put in her ears when she was 14 months old to help drain the fluid. She had 8 ear infections before she turned 1 so yes, she needed tubes. Now she's 3 1/2 and everytime we have ever gone to the doctor he tells us that the tubes are still in and have not fallen out yet. So I'm thinking the tubes are still doing their job. But here recently, she is now telling me that she can't hear me when I'm talking to her so that's the main reason for visiting the ENT. He tells me that the tubes tried to fall out, but her ear canal is so tiny that the tubes are stuck in the ear canal. So yes, the tubes are still in, but they are out of the ear drum and not doing their job. That's why she has fluid backed up behind the eardrum. He tells me she needs surgery once again to have the old tubes removed and new ones put back in. He also tells me that she needs to have her Adenoids removed. These are located close to the tonsils and are usually removed when your tonsils are removed. He says that Taydem's are rather large. Once they are removed, she won't snore anymore and it will help with all the drainage. So....like I said....we think we are doing well and then this happens. Surgery is NOT CHEAP! It's just really frustrating and upsets me. Insurance sucks! I hate that we struggle every day and work our butts off to make a living and half of America is sitting on their butts doing NOTHING, but yet they can go in and have this type of surgery done for FREE! WHY?

Sorry I needed to vent. I KNOW this surgery is a must for our sweet Taytay. She's going to be so surprised after it's said and done and she will be able to hear again. I pray that her talking improves 100%!!

Please keep Taydem (and us!) in your prayers next week. This surgery will last about 45 minutes.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

bless her heart! But you're right, she is going to be so excited to be able to hear 100% again! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. I know insurance stinks- and it's so nerve racking that you see all the lazy people out there that get things just handed to them. :( But thankfully this was noticed and you are able to get it fixed quick!