Thursday, March 10, 2011

Busy as a Bee

Work has been so busy this week. Half of my office is out with the flu! Tomorrow is Tay's surgery so thank goodness I won't be around this place.

I have sooooo many people asking me what I do exactly at my job. And I also have people ask me (and Leven) if I even work since I try and keep up with this blog. So here ya go....take a look at some of my work...ha!

I draw these maps for reports that we create for our clients! I am still learning every day on all this stuff! But I find it pretty interesting.

The one below is one I'm working on now. It's a pipeline that runs through about 3 counties! We have field guys that will go walk this pipeline counting houses that are within 220 yards of it. They will bring me back their data and I will put it on a map. The yellow crosses are buildings, the red line is the pipeline of course and the black line shows the 220 yard buffer around the pipeline. Sound fun?? It took me 3 hours just to download the aerials!

No comments: