Thursday, February 26, 2009

10 years...

So it's already that time of year. It's still hard to believe I've been out of high school for 10 years. I have had a crazy 10 years let me tell you. We are already planning our reunion for this summer. I'm in charge of Save the Date cards, invitations and RSVPS. We are having a little meeting tomorrow night to kick things off and go over everyone's ideas. It will be fun getting back together with some of my old girlfriends. Now let's go back to 10 years...here's a list of important things I remember....

- Went to Lon Morris Jr. College, made tons of really good friends that I'm still close with today
- Was cheated on and hurt in so many ways possiable...
- Graduated from there and did a semester at UT Tyler, hated it and headed on to Sam
Houston State University.
- I met TJ there and had 2 1/2 really good years with him...
- Huntsville was a blast! I had 2 good roomates, Danin and Sam...we partied like rock stars
together. There are so many memories while livin' it up in the trailor!
- I also had a couple crushes while being there...one was a calf roper and the other played
football for just a short time...
- Bartended at Texas Roadhouse, cut up lots of meat at McKenzie's BBQ, and wore my western
attire while working at Cavenders! Just trying to get myself through college...
- Graduated from SHSU with a BBA and then started a year worth of Education classes.
- Finished that and headed back home for the summer until I found a teaching job.
- I found a job at Mexia and met my husband Leven the day of my interview (he did the
interviewing)
- Started dating Leven a few months after that interview. We were engaged 5 months later and
married 3 months after that...June 17, 2006 (Sam's birthday!)
- Started our life together, still in Mexia. I taught BCIS (computers) at the high school and
coached freshmen volleyball and basketball. I made some really good friends and mentors
while being in Mexia. People I will never forget.
- We got pregnant after only 5 months of marriage! Yikes! Taydem Elizabeth was born
August 22, 2007!
- We lived in Mexia for 3 years and then Leven was offered the head volleyball job in Longview
at Pine Tree High School.
- Now we live in Longview with my sister on the lake. We are in the process of builing a home. I
work now for an Environmental company.

FACTS:
I have seen three engagement rings in 10 years.
I have been to Cancun 3 times
I have been a bridesmaid in 8 weddings
I have sang in 3 weddings
Lost my Aunt to lung cancer
Had 2 seizures
I gained 2 sister-in-laws and now I have 4 nephews.
Ran a 5k

Ok..my brain is tired...enough for now!

1 comment:

Sterling said...

very interesting dev!!! good job!!! 10 years goes fast!! can't believe we haev been out almost 7!!