Monday, June 3, 2013

40 years

We celebrated my parents 40th wedding anniversary this past Saturday night! Mom just had a very busy weekend at her house.  But since the remodel a lot of their family and friends haven't seen the finished look.  Dad and his blue grass band sang and we had tons of BBQ and dessert.  I seriously ate so much this past weekend that I'm putting myself on a smoothie diet! Seriously!

My brothers, sister and I surprised my parents with a huge picture of the 4 of us that we had made. Of course I'm always the one that gets picked to stand up and talk in front of everyone so I started my little speech and I looked at my dad and he was already tearing up! When my brother's carried out the picture he gasped for air and the tears started falling.  He's so sensitive. Sweet Daddy! My mom was so proud of that picture.  She carried it around to everyone and let them take a look.  That's what it was all about.  We want them to be proud of us and proud of themselves for the way they raised us.  The picture was a huge success....thank goodness!

My parents make me happy.  They have done everything possible to raise us up right.  We continue to watch and learn from them every day.  40 years is a long time.  And it's a really long time to be with just one person.  They are soul mates. They are best friends!










No comments: