Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lady Elizabeth

My grandmother (Meme) is so precious to me.  A year ago this month, my grandfather passed away.  My Meme has done so well this past year being alone.  Well, she's not really alone.  She lives right now the street from my parents and my Aunt and my cousin.  They all continue to visit her daily and when we ALL get a chance we drop in and visit with her.  My life is so busy, it's hard for me to drive out and see her as often as I'd like to.  So I try and call her at least once a week to check up on her.  She's 89 and is still doing very well, health wise.  She was so proud in November when she went to get her license renewed...she got to keep her driving license! She's the reason I love to sing so much.  My Meme can sing! She has the best ear for harmonizing and I know I got my ear from her. This past Christmas we made a photo book for her and we all wrote something to go in the book along with a favorite picture with her.  This is what I wrote for the book:

Elizabeth


(Meme)



E-
(Everlasting) I love you Meme for constantly providing me and showing me
everlasting love since the day I was born. 
I am so blessed to have you still in my life today. 


L- (Love
& Laughter) You are surrounded by so much of it! I think about this all the
time.  I love my family.  And it all started with you and Papaw.  It is a MUST to keep your family CLOSE!
Without family, who do you have? Meme, thank you for loving us all and keeping
us close. And laughter….our family does a lot of this! So many times we have
laughed until we have cried, our faces have hurt, or if you are like me, may
have wet your pants (Thanks to Uncle Rob!). 
This is what I want to always remember about my family.


 I- (Incredible)
Meme, I think you are pretty dang incredible! I have always listed you as one
of my role models growing up! Here’s a list of some reasons why: incredible
cook, incredible singer (I get my harmonizing skills from you!), incredible
painter, grandmother, great-grandmother, gardener, and the list goes on!



 Z- (Zippy)
{Full of Energy, lively} We all know
you are 89, and I think you are very lively and full of energy.  Plus, I couldn’t think of any other “Z”
adjective!



 A- (Ageless)
You may not feel like it, but to me you have always looked the same.  Maybe a few more wrinkles here and there, but
you have always been my Meme.  And since
I was a little girl you still look the same to me.  Your smile is the same, your hair is the
same, your frame is the same, your eyebrows look a little different (insert
smile), but you’re beautiful Meme, just beautiful! I hope I age as well as
you!!



 B- (Bob
& Beauty) You can’t spell Elizabeth without Bob (Robert L).  I miss him. 
We all miss him.  I shed tears as
I type on my keyboard.  But then I smile
as I think of you yelling his name, “BOB!” I can’t tell you how many times
Taydem brings up his name.  She misses
him. Papaw was himself a “beauty!” Good looking man! And he made sure everyone
knew it.  You two made a great looking
couple. But Meme, again such a beautiful LADY! Inside and out….



 E- (Endearing)
Your inspiring love and affection continues to be passed down to all of your
great grandchildren every time you see them. 
They all love you just as much as you love them.    



 T- (Tennessee
to Texas) I love where I come from! Thank you for our little home away from
home in the Smokey Mountains and thank you for Jerry Lucy Road! Growing up next
to my cousins was the best thing about my childhood.  Watermelons, mean ole’ red rooster, cows,
hound dogs, creeks, fishing, playing games at Whitney’s house, swimming at our
house, music videos, Christmas performances, Wesley, baseball/football games,
Colored Eggs, spending the night in Carthage!, Melinda, sleepovers, etc…..memories
that will last with me forever.



 H- (Happy
& Heaven) You make me happy, Meme! I’m happy you are here with me today.
I’m happy that I’m close to my aunts and uncles. I’m happy that I’m not only
close to my cousins, but that we are also friends.  I’m happy that my family can still get
together and laugh and hug.  I’m happy
that we are a family that loves one another. 
And more importantly Meme, when that day is to come, I’m HAPPY knowing HEAVEN is where my family will
spend eternity together.

 


 


 





No comments: