Monday, September 17, 2012

Rain

Thank you Lord for all the rain we've been getting here lately.  This weekend was nice and relaxing. 

After church yesterday we headed over to my parents house.  They are in the process of remodeling and it's a little crazy over there right now.  My parents built their home, I believe in 1978, and it is still in really good shape.  Throughout the years they have added a pool, changed the floors, added paint (and ugly wallpaper), updated with new furniture, added new counter tops, etc, but NOW it's a major remodel going on.  They thought about this remodeling job for a really long time.  At one point, they thought they would just build a house in Tatum on the farm across the highway from all their kids (minus me, of course), but different things made them decide to just stay where they are and add on.  Us 4 kids were raised in this house and grew up next to our grandparents and cousins.  Let me just say it-------loads of memories were made in our home.  And my parents just couldn't leave it.  Now their grand children are being raised in this same house and we are making new memories everytime we are there.  Miranda Lambert's song "The House that Built Me" hits home hard! Great song! So..................The process will include a brand new kitchen (new appliances, cabinets, etc.), closed in the carport and made a huge living room right off the new kitchen, a new car port, a new porch and outdoor kitchen off the new living room, new floors throughout the entire house, the game room will be changed into a huge eating area, the dining room will be the my mom's new office, they are adding onto the master bath and adding another closet in their bedroom! I'm sure I left out a few new changes, but that's the majority.  Yesterday we helped them move boxes and furniture into a POD outside the house.  I'm excited for them both! Especially my MOM!

It helps that my dad is a builder! ☻

No comments: