Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Trever is 16!

I am being a huge slacker lately with this blog.

Yesterday my step-son, Trever, turned 16. It's so hard for me to believe this. When I first met the kid he was 10! He and I quickly got along (only bc he loved my cooking) and I try so hard to make our relationship work. I always tell Leven that I fell in love with Trever first. If you have ever met him, you would quickly understand why. Trever and I are ONLY 14 years apart. I know some siblings that are further in age than that. So I had to become a "mother" super fast. Which was really hard for me in the beginning. Let's see...he's not my son, but he lives with me. He's 10, I'm 24. He leaves his toys, socks, shoes, underwear, baseball stuff EVERYWHERE...I'm a neat freak! He's a dirty, nasty boy that smells everytime he comes in from playing outside. Ugh! Super hard in the beginning. But on the other hand, I learned that he's polite, sweet, thankful (he still tells me "thank you" after every meal I cook), kind hearted, respectful, and lovable. He and Leven's relationship is something you just don't see much anymore. They are so close and when I first met them they were like little best buds. I use to laugh at them together. Wherever Leven went, Trev followed. And it's still like that today. And Leven neverminded it. Now that he's getting older he tends to run his mouth more, just like any teenager I assume! I always try and think back at how I was as a teenager. He's a really good kid...so far! We pray that he stays on the right path. He's in the top ten percent of his class right now and loves baseball and basketball. I know that I annoy the heck out of him, but I want him to appreciate everything that Leven and I do for him and what his mother does for him. He is very loved by sooooooo many people. I am trying my hardest to teach him to be a good husband and father one day. And I promise, he will!

Sunday we all went out to my parent's land to shoot skeet. Leven's mom and hubby drove up just for the day! Grans got Trever some really cool Oakley sunglasses! (He loved them!) Mike set up the skeet shooter and away we all went. I'm horrible, didn't hit one clay thingy! Leven's not too good either, ha! But Trever was awesome! Being that it was his first time to ever do it! He couldn't miss. We munched on cookie cake, watched the kiddos play, and visited! Here are a few pictures of the day:





No comments: