Thursday, November 6, 2008

Finally home

I've been in Austin since Monday for a convention for my job. The Railroad Commission was having a training session. I'm so glad that I got to go. I needed some more training on all this stuff that I'm doing. There were 4 of us that went and we had a really good time together. We got into lots of good food and tons of shopping. Monday night we went to this new mall is Austin called The Domain. Let's just say for me it was a lot of "looking." Too many fancy stores for my budget. I did go into Macy's and they were having a huge sale. So I bought Taydem a couple of things, Trever a couple of shirts and did a little christmas shopping. We then went and ate at the Hula Hut on the lake! Tuesday were a lot of classes and then that night we ate at The Melting Pot. That place was an experience for all of us. It took about 2 hours to eat our course. I had never eaten fondue before and after that I can say it was pretty good. The cheese and dessert was by far the best part. After we ate we walked down 6th street for a little while, and ventured off into Pete's Piano Bar. Now being a Tuesday night there wasn't that many folks in there but we still enjoyed the music. It took forever to get home yesterday. We ended up stopping at the outlet mall in Round Rock for some more shopping. I finished buying for Trever's birthday and bought a few more christmas presents. I drove the whole way home (I was flying) and got us home in less than 5 hours. I missed my Taydem! It was good to be in my own bed with my hubby....

Leven plays his 2nd playoff game tonight in Mesquite against Waco Midway. He won Tuesday against Kilgore. So good luck Lady Pirates!

No comments: