Friday, November 7, 2014

The Curse..........is Broken

Area CHAMPS!
The 1st round curse is finally broken.  After all these years of being married and not making it past the 1st round of playoffs----Leven can finally call himself an Area Champ once again! He and his team played like winners last night.  I was so proud of them.  I was so nervous riding to the game and walking into the gym.  It was so quiet.  We hardly had any fans there (little depressed about that one)! Yes, it was a Thursday night and yes, it was a long ways away, but still.  Come on people....SUCK IT UP! Those girls didn't care though.  They had one thing on their mind.  Leven told me this morning what his pre-game speech was.  Loved it! He's such a good coach.  I would've busted my butt too if I was on that team.  The last thing he told them was they have a little girls name on their headband that's fighting for her life.  Now let's go out there and fight for her! They have been wearing those headbands now for 11 games straight! And this morning Izzy got some really good news back from her tests.  The chemo is shrinking the cancer in her lymph nodes! So it's working! God is Good! Not only did we win, we swept them in 3 games.  It was a great night.  I'm so glad my parents and my sister came with me! Leven's dad and Gwen also came! And his friends Sonni and Kent! And his friend Steven Hogan and his wife Ellen and their daughter Kate! And Leven's #1 fan was of course there.....Brad! Leven was all smiles folks! Our next game is Tuesday in Palestine at 7:00! We will be playing Robinson.  We need as much supporters theres as possible.

 
 

No comments: