Monday, March 11, 2013

NYC

I don't know where to begin with our New York City trip.  It was perfect in every way possible.  Thank goodness the weather held up so we could make our flight.  The flight there wasn't bad at all.  We knew the wind had been blowing pretty bad and we just knew the flight coming into the city would be rough.  We were surprised at how smooth it actually was.  Once we landed we headed down to baggage claim to get our luggage and meet our driver.  My mom had been worried since making these reservations, but once we met him we knew we were in good hands.  We weren't expecting a limo though! Holla......
Then we were off to Amanda's apartment. My friend Amanda is by far one of the sweetest people I have ever met.  She took care of us the entire time we were there.  I love her death.  Once we arrived at her apartment she welcomed us with a huge bear hug and led us to her home.  The elevators in her apartment were being worked on so we had to climb the stairs to the fifth floor. Talk about a workout! We loved her apartment.  It is tiny. Very tiny. But it's home to her. After the tour of her apartment we sat down and visited with Amanda until it was time to head down to Times Square.  Amanda had a show that night so Danin and I got to venture around until she was finished.  We ate at a wonderful restaurant Amanda recommended, Becco.  Awesome Italian food and wine!
Here are a few pictures from Times Square and 5th avenue that night.






Friday Danin and I spent pretty much the entire day in the snow! Awesome.  We visited a museum that had pictures and artifacts from September 11th.  Really moving! We then headed to Union Square for a little shopping and PIZZA! And we ended this day with the broadway show Annie the Musical.  Amanda was awesome! And we got to watch her play one of the lead roles, Grace.


Saturday was beautiful! Warm and sunny and we wanted to spend the whole day out and about and do as much as possible since it was so pretty outside.  First stop....Statue of Liberty tour.

Next we spent a couple of hours shopping in Soho! Wow....nuff said! Then we spend the late afternoon in Central Park.  We rode on a pedicab and our driver told us all kinds of facts about the park.  It was beautiful. Lots of runners! After our central park tour we walked to 5th Ave.  I wish I could shop on this avenue.  Lots of people on this avenue that evening.  By this time we are slap worn out.  Next we headed back to Times Square and spent the remainder of the night people watching and eating at Olive Garden.  Olive Garden was right across from Amanda's theatre and had huge windows to look out over Times Square.
 
I seriously can't wait to go back.  Amanda was the perfect host and I miss her already! Thanks for such a great time.  I also loved spending time with my sister.  We made tons of memories.  Thanks to my wonderful husband for making this trip happen and taking care of the kiddos while I was away.  And a huge thank you to my mom for arranging our car service and watching Taydem as well for me one night!

 


 

No comments: