Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Yesterday by far was a stressful one. I have been sick with a cold for about 10 days now. I just wouldn't go to the doctor bc I kept telling myself it would go away by itself. Well I felt horrible on Monday. I had already taken off yesterday to be with Leven and Taydem for their doctor appointments so I went in that morning to have a steriod shot. My blood pressure was also way low, but he said it's from the cold. My body was just tired and weak.

So after my appointment I took Leven to his. Leven was diagnosed with Stage 2 Melanoma last Thursday. They took a mole off the back of his neck about 3 weeks ago and sent it off to be tested. It came back Melanoma...the bad skin cancer! So yesterday he had it cut out. Left him with 40 stitches, a sick feeling in his stomach and wishing he wore sun screen. We are still waiting to hear back from one of the main labs testing the skin. Say a prayer for him.


After his appointment and getting him settled at home I went to get Taydem from school to take her to her appointment. She got her new hearing aids yesterday. She hasn't stopped smiling. I never knew that my poor child wasn't hearing everything I was hearing. She was more excited about hearing herself. She kept kissing me bc she liked hearing the "pucker" sound she was making with her lips.
This instrument around her neck was programming the hearing aids (syncing them) to the computer.


No comments: