Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Robert L. Anthony

We lost my Papaw on January 20, 2012. His funeral was held yesterday and as I'm sitting here typing away, I have tears in my eyes. In my 31 years, I've only lost a hand full of loved ones.  I grew up down the street having my grandparents right there beside us. I never had the chance to meet my mother's dad (he died of a heart attack when my mom was only 9). Her mother passed away when I was 17 and I think about her ALL the time. She was my Nannie. My Papaw lived to be 89 and what a life he lived. The funeral was beautiful in every way. He will be greatly missed and I promise we will continue to laugh and talk about him through out our lives. I pray that my Meme will be ok these next few days/weeks/months and years. She is one healthy lady and I love her dearly. She is surrounded by so much love.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/news-journal/obituary.aspx?n=robert-l-anthony&pid=155611787

I wrote a poem for the funeral with the help of some of my cousins and my sis in law!


"Robert L, turn that TV DOWN!"
Something we heard quite often with a sigh and a frown.
They were married for over 65 years
Lots of love, laughter, a few choice words and tears Their love began in the smokey mountains of Tennessee And eventually brought them to East Texas, home of the Pine Tree.
The lord blessed them with 4 kids of their own And now their house became a home. 
As the family grew and days turned into night there's ONE thing we all know, Papaw was alwaysright!
Our Papaw was an open book and our Meme was his favorite cook!
Breakfast, cakes and pies. She would cook anything for her favorite guy.
Sausage, biscuits, butter and grease. Meat, potatoes and more butter please!
Watermelon watermelon watermelon rind man did we eat watermelon all the time!
He loved his family he loved his food, but those dogs were what put him in his best mood.
Cadalliac, red bird, cruiser and blaze  these dogs ran the nights and also controlled his days.
He let them bark, he let them run. But Catching that fox was the most fun.
Our papaw was the root of our tree and we thank him for a beautiful legacy.
He felt at peace and told his wife
that he was proud of his family and he knew he lived a Wonderful life.



No comments: