Monday, June 6, 2011

Update with the Barker's

~We leave for the beach on SATURDAY! Can't wait
~The roomba vacuum is the best gift EVER! I haven't swept since last Thursday
~Leven and Trever started S.W.A.P (Speed, Weights, Agility (can't remember what the "P" stands for)) this morning. It will run until 2-a-days start. All girl and boy athletes can choose which time of the day to come work out for 2 hours. It's like either 7-9, 10-12 or 6-8. Leven has to be there at ALL three times...Poor thing. I feel sorry for him. He is one of the coaches in charge of the training.
~Trever got his first official pay check last week!
~I am still giving volleyball lessons on Tuesday and Thursday and I'm coaching on Monday nights for Summer League. I am coaching the same team I did with club. Just a few new girls....
~I still sell Willow House, but I have the majority of my sales go through my website...check it out...June has AMAZING sales going on right now...http://devinbarker.willowhouse.com/Catalog
~Taydem has got one personality. She makes us laugh everyday. Where did this little girl get all this spunk from??????? She is long and skinny these days...She may just be tall after all!
~She is very grown up for her age (I think!). Very independent and is my shadow...all day every day!
~We leave for the beach on Saturday...oh yeah...I already said that....I'm sooooooooooooo READY to get away from work, volleyball, my house, a schedule, responsibilities.


On a more serious note. Leven found out a few weeks ago that he has skin cancer. He has a spot on his face (right below his right ear, close to his jaw line) and has had this spot for a really long time now. I begged and begged him to go have it checked out but he insisted it was nothing. So I kept begging and he finally set up an appointment. Sure enough it is a pretty serious type of skin cancer. The day the lady called to tell him, he heard the word cancer and can't remember anything else she said. So we don't know what time, where the surgery will take place or anything. We just know July 5th. He thinks the type of cancer she said was Melanoma!! But like I said, he can't remember what she said. Just keep him in your prayers. He is pretty scared about it (although he tries to act all tough!) I just want them to make sure they get it ALL out before it spreads.

It's calling my name...DEEEVVVVIIINNNN! Can you hear it?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You and Leven are in my prayers. Sending my love your way.