Thursday, August 26, 2010

Happiness comes from giving

I have tubs and tubs of Taydem's clothes packed away in our attic! I didn't want to get rid of them bc MAYBE just MAYBE we might have another girl one day! So I've been holding on to all of them for 3 years now. If I do get pregnant soon and find out it's a boy, then I'm sure my sister or sister-in-law will get first dibs! If it's a girl, then I will have the most fun going through all the tiny clothes. So last week I decided to go through all her clothes again that were in her drawers and closet and take out the clothes she has outgrown. While doing this I find 2 bags that are full of clothes that I completely forgot about. My cousin's sweet wife, Karen, gives me her daughter's clothes!! And I'm so thankful for this. These clothes were all 3T's and came at the perfect time. So again, I felt like it was Christmas time going through all Addyson's clothes. I set aside two piles. One pile was set aside for nicer clothes and the other pile was set aside for "play" clothes. The nicer clothes would be put in the attic for a future "Barker", "Turner" or "Anthony" child and the other pile I thought about taking up to Taydem's daycare. I also threw in about 4 pairs of shoes!

So yesterday I dropped off the bag of clothes and told Tay's teacher to give them to whoever they wanted too. I get to the school today and the teacher pulled me aside to tell me she gave the clothes to a little girl named Chloe. She also told me that Chloe's mom wanted to send me all her thanks bc the clothes came at a perfect time for them. I look over at Chloe and there she sits in Taydem's clothes and a pair of her shoes. I just almost teared up right there. It made my day knowing that I had helped someone in need by simply taking the time to gather up the clothes and bringing them to the daycare. I feel that you don't need to have tons of money to help someone out. All it takes is a giving heart and a little of your time.

I want to adopt an elderly person at a nursing home soon. Can you imagine sitting in a place like that all day long and not having one visitor?? I want Taydem and Trever to appreciate the love they have in their lives. My children, my niece and my nephews are truly blessed! I hope one day they will all agree.

No comments: