Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Messed up in the head

That's right, I think I've finally convinced myself that I have lost my mind! What were we thinking doing this boot camp?? Danin and I went last night to get our "assessment" done for the boot camp we are starting on Jan. 4th. We were thinking they were going to talk to us about what the boot camp consisted of, get our measurements, weigh us, etc. Well let me tell you, NONE of that took place. We show up and she tells us to put our name on this piece of paper. We put our name on it and start reading what it says: Mile_____, Pull Ups_____, Push Ups____, planks_____, Steps_____ and Squats____. Um, lady what does this mean?? She said we are getting tested on all this before we start on Monday. I only freaked out about the MILE. I hate running! I hate running! So we had to do the steps first. We had to jump up on these TALL steps for a minute. Our goal was to get 20! OMG, I thought I was going to die 30 seconds into it. Then we had to do push-ups. Our goal -30- in a minute, I only did 18! Then it was the dreaded mile next. We had to run a mile under 9 minutes. I made it in 9:13. I am so out of shape and this little test proved it. So for the next 4 weeks Danin and I will be waking up around 4:30 and hitting the gym for an hour worth of torture. I need this though! If I like it and I can see changes, I will do another one. My sister has already lost 12 pounds since Dec. 5th! Way to Go Sister!

No comments: