Monday, November 30, 2009

Deck the Halls.....Fa la la la la la la la la

Wow! December has rolled around again! This time of year is always so hard to get into the Christmas spirit. I turned my radio to a Christmas station this morning so hopefully that will help. Yesterday we put up our Christmas lights on our house and I put up the tree. I swear Leven is the biggest Scrooge when it comes to decorating for Christmas!!!! Of course, Trever and I try to stay positive the whole time, b/c Leven is so negative! The lights and house look really good. I'm pretty proud of ourselves.

The only thing that bugs me at Christmas time are the bell ringers at EVERY store you walk into! I know that's bad of me, but I hardly have enough money for my own family let alone trying to give to others! Ugh! But I know they are out there for a good reason.

We had a really good Thanksgiving this year. Our family gets bigger every single year. We drove to Mexia on Wednesday and visited with friends and then had Turkey with Leven's dads family the next day. After stuffing our face we headed back to Longview to spend the rest of the afternoon with the loud Anthony family! And yes, we stuffed our faces some more. Ugh! Food was everywhere. Like I said our family gets bigger every year. We have 2 new babies this year for Christmas---Ally and Gage.

I'm so happy for my cousin Peyton (that's Gage's mommie). She hasn't seen her husband, Ted, in over 6 months. He is in the military and was serving his time in Japan and even missed the birth of baby Gage. She finally gets to kiss his face this Wednesday. It brings tears to my eyes as I type!! Yea for the Sparks family!

Leven and I leave early on Wednesday to head to Oregon! We are super excited and can't wait to get there. Cold cold cold! Here we come. We are staying with his friend Chris Miller and his family. We plan on touring, skiing, eating, visiting and just relaxing. My sweet sister and parents are watching over our kiddos while we are gone! THANK YOU DANIN AND CLARK AND VICKI! WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: