Monday, January 16, 2017

Tatum 12U

I've been coaching club volleyball for 8 years.  In the past I have always coached 8th-9th grade but this year I took a big {BIG} step back and decided to do 6th grade.  After starting Lil Bumpers, I saw the potential in some of the 6th graders and opened up the thought to some of the parents.  I had 13 show up for tryouts and 9 made the team.  This age is completly different than what I'm used to.  I immediately recognized this and had to change my whole thought process on my coaching, practices, my PATIENCE...everything.  They are working so hard and I'm excited to see how they do in their first tournament.  We have a scrimmage set for this coming Sunday, so that will at least give me a heads up before our Feb. 4th tournament.

Side note: I keep telling Leven I'm getting these girls ready for him one day.  Also, we "make" (not really, well....yes we do) Taydem come to the practices with me and she works out with my girls.  She's just as good, just way smaller!

In other news---- The Dallas Cowboys lost yesterday.  Heartbreaker! Such a good come back but Aaron Rogers couldn't be stopped!

I hurt my foot last Tuesday on my run.  The top of my foot.  I swear I'm just getting old I guess.  Plus my body isn't used to me running.  My feet were probably screaming for help!  So I took off a day and ran on it on Saturday.  Big mistake.  I feel like it's just not getting any better. Going to try and lay off a few more days, but I don't want to put myself behind.

Happy MLK Day!

db




  

No comments: