Wednesday, October 21, 2015

MIA- for good reasons

Sorry, I've been MIA the past two weeks.  But for good reasons.....you know I love pictures!
I'll start with that:
 
I love any chance I get to visit with my grandmother (Meme).  She will turn 92 on November 19th! And I just love her to pieces.  My girls love her too!
Leven hit a huge milestone in the coaching world.  He hit his 500th win on October 13th! What an accomplishment.  I had a surprise for him after the big game.  I'm so grateful that this night turned out like it did.  We had a chance to play Rusk (weaker team than us in our district and we had already beat them once), at our HOME gym for this 500th win.  It worked our perfectly.  So my surprise....I asked friends, family, ex players, coaches, parents, etc. to send me a video message for Leven.  I put all the videos (plus some pictures) into one large video.  After the game was over, I had the short movie (22 mins long) set up with a projector and screen behind the bleachers.  He had NO IDEA! Some ex players and parents from Pine Tree also came to the game and surprised him.  It was a great night. So far there's been over 400 views on youtube of the video.  Check it out:
 
 
 Leven had a chance to see two of his ex players play each other last week up in Arlington.  Emily is a setter for Texas State and they were playing at UT Arlington where Marisha is a hitter! He sure enjoyed it.
 Fall, fall, fall! I love this time of year.  Now if only it would get cooler outside....AND STAY! I think every month I buy something else for the house (well maybe every week! eeeek).  It just takes time, right?  So our new ottoman came in last week.  The girls love it! Something else they can sit and play on. 
 This past weekend Leven needed to head to Central Texas to scout some volleyball games. So the girls and myself tagged along.  We got to spend the night with his dad and Gwen one night and Grans the other night.  Worked out perfectly.  Taydem got to drive Grans four wheeler round and round in the pasture.  And of course Tenlee needed a few rides too.
 We have been looking for some type of transportation to get around in the neigborhood for a few months now.  Leven didn't want to jump on just anything so it took a while.  Plus he wanted something that could be used while hunting as well.  So we found this little gem right down the road in Kilgore.  We got the price down to where we wanted and so Leven wants to do a few things to it.  We are picking it up tonight! We are ALL excited.
 Taydem's fall softball has come to an end (thank goodness!).  No, really it was good for her, but she was getting tired quickly.  They have been practicing since July, two nights a week and then the games on Saturdays.  She is a better thrower and catcher.  Hitting still needs some work, but that will eventually come.  She had fun with all the girls and learned some new stuff.  She's really getting good with her tumbling class. 
She's got her back walk over down now. 
 So I got up early this morning and headed to our school's indoor facility.  My brother has a key and I'm wondering, why it has taking me this long to use this piece of work!! The weight room is amazing and then this huge football field for running.  I'm just too busy right now in the evenings when I get home from work.  No excuses!
 Last weekend we all went over to Shreveport to celebrate my birthday! Leven and I hadn't been over there for the night since February.  So much fun! I have the bestest family and friends a gal could ask for.  Leven and I were the only ones who spent the night.  It's always good to spend some extra alone time with your spouse.  We don't do it enough with our busy schedules.  So we enjoyed ourselves. 

No comments: